14 de julio de 2010

Saloon Song

I used to wake up with a smile and enjoy the day, used to find the beauty on discovering the shapes on clouds or just descovering the mystery behind the golden leaves on the tree. I used to wake up every morning not having a problem. Until I see the date on the calendar. How can a single number can evoke such dark feelings? Before that day the 14th didnt meant anything to me. It was just a number, another day in my life. Now every 14th has such power that it can summon me into that dark place I've been trying to run away for so long. A place where I'm not myself anymore. I'm just a hollow soul wondering blind through an deserted place. The voices tell me that reality is nothing but a lie. Being trapped inside my mind, feeding my demons. Dying inside.
I can feel the shiver racing through my spine, my hands are trembling but not because of the cold environment. It's because I'm scared. I hate this place, I hate this empty town, nothing but wind blowing the dust making it impossible for my eyes yo really see beyond my hand. It's hard to walk this road alone, not knowing which way to go. Abandoned saloons and buffalo's skulls it's all I can see. It used to be a crowded city with music and joy. There used to be a woman sitting on the piano singing heart-moving melodies. There used to be this woman whom I loved. Until a 14th that she packed her bags and decided to leave this town so she can find what she lacked of. She wanted something that I just couldn't give her. As the rumours spread quickly I found out that she met a foreigner from out of town, he rode a red stallion and offered her true happiness and thrill. He did something I couldn't do. Last time I heard about them they were married, traveling through the world, living the moment. As for me I stayed in town. I stayed in town waiting, wishing that someday that heart-moving melody would come back to the saloon. But as she left, there was no joy in the saloon and soul by soul started to pack their belongings and just head to the sunset. A red tainted twilight. I remember that moment so perfect. It was the last time I saw the sun. Since that 14th it's been a starless night with coyotes outside the building waiting me to colapse on the ground. But i won't faint. I will be there waiting until that day comes. I will be here until the sun will raiseup and she comes back to town to sing one last song. I never wished for wealth, power or fame. All I ever wanted was her. Now she's gone. I'll just keep playing that dusty piano until that day she will come back to me.

R.A.Pastor

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario