17 de julio de 2011

Cassie's Other Birthday

Today is Cassie's birthday. Again. She's nineteen now. How fast the time flies by. Yesterday it felt like she was a little kid exploring the world. She is now a lady. The times of freedom and party have ceased. The alcohol no longer calls her name. It's just been a year but man she has changed.

Cassandra is no longer that little afraid girl who jumped into life without any parachute. She is now walking in the clouds looking up to a higher plane. The stratum is no longer a challenge. She wants to go higher than everybody else has gone.

She was once the girl I loved with all my heart, she was everything to me. She was my wifey and I was her hubby. Time changes people. Time changes the feelings inside our hearts. I no longer love her that way and I know she thinks the same way. Friendship grew into love. Love broke down into hatred. And forgiveness gave us another opportunity for a stronger friendship.

Now I am proud for having the joy of calling her my friend. She was my ex, but she will always have a place in my heart only for her. For Cassie, all there is inside my heart is pride for knowing someone like her.

Happy Birthday Cassandra.

R.A.Pastor

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario